How do you make a DIY concealer with crayons?
We don’t normally think of crayons as a makeup product but they can be utilized as a DIY concealer.
Crayons are made of paraffin wax and color pigments which make them a good choice for filling in fine lines and wrinkles.
The flexibility of the wax helps to create a smooth surface for other makeup such as foundations and setting powders.
This tutorial will work for you even in case you are not good at color matching to make DIY concealer at home.
The idea is to find a shade of crayon that’s close to or slightly lighter than your skin tone. The consistency of the DIY concealer should be thick enough to cover your trouble spots and you will need to blend your regular foundation on top.
In this Article
What Things You Need to make DIY concealer
- Small ceramic or glass bowl
- A Candle w/ candle holder
- A crayon that is a close matches your skin tone. To do this, try matching different crayons to the underside of your wrist under natural light. If you can’t find a crayon that matches your tone, try to find one that is a shade lighter to make DIY concealer.
- Setting powder
- Cotton Swabs (Q-Tips)
- Facial moisturizer
- Small glass makeup container (for storage)
What you Need To Do
Follow these easy steps to make DIY concealer at home.
- Scrape around 1 tsp of setting powder into the ceramic or glass bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of facial moisturizer. Mix the setting powder and moisturizer together to form a thick consistency.
- Break a few small, pea-sized chunks of crayon into the mixing bowl.
- Light the candle and hold the bowl over the flame till the crayon shucks soften completely. Use a cotton swab to mix the melted contents collectively. Don’t touch the contents with your fingers because the contents are really sizzling!
- Once everything is completely mixed, pour the contents into a small glass makeup container.
- Place the glass container in a secure place and let it sit until contents have cooled down.
Alao Check: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
How to Use
Use a makeup sponge to use your DIY concealer to your spots and cover with basis and setting powder if you wish.
Best Makeup Sponge
The Aesthetica Beauty Sponge is three in one blending sponge tool for powder, cream and liquid makeup.
This sponge for makeup is latex free foam to reduce allergies and 100% vegan and cruelty free sponge. It is the best makeup sponge that can be used wet or dry.
Share this on Pinterest