Hyper pigmentation is a common kind of skin discoloration such as dark-brown patches on the cheeks, nose, upper lip, forehead, affects both men and women.
It can be caused by many reasons such as genetics, hormones, the sun, festering pimple, eczema, and many more. Moreover, it leaves a challenging dark mark behind. So, it is very important to choose the right Products for Hyper Pigmentation according to the skin type.
According to dermatologists, the main cause of hyper pigmentation is UV light which stimulates melanin in skin cells.
So, it is important to protect the skin from UV light with sunscreens which protects the skin from visible light.
Asides from this, we also have to use some antioxidants such as vitamin C, retinoids and more formulated with pigment-production-blocking ingredients.
Therefore, we have prepared a list of 10 best Products for treating Hyper pigmentation that fits in your budget. Let’s take a look.
- 1. Revision Skincare C+ Correcting Complex
- 2. Vivant Skin Care’s 8% Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 Serum
- 3. Sunday Riley Good Genes
- 4. EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen
- 5. Best Retinol Serum: PCA SKIN Intensive Brightening Treatment
- 6. The Ordinary Facial Skincare set
- 7. Hylunia Beyond Complex Vitamin C Serum
- 8. Differin Dark Spot Correcting Serum
- 9. Tranexamic Acid serum
- 10. EnaSkin Dark Spot Corrector Remover for Face and Body
1. Revision Skincare C+ Correcting Complex
Revision Skincare’s C+ Correcting Complex 30% gives a youthful look, with more even and outstandingly glowing skin.
Revision Skincare is the best serum for hyperpigmentation that ingrains the exclusive antioxidant with the copyrighted technology of MelaPATH. The patented MelaPATH mechanics rejuvenates, refines, and illuminates.
Whether you have mature, oily, dry, or a combined skin type, C+ Correcting Complex 30% corrects and defends free radicals’ skin blemishing impacts. HEV (High Energy Visible) or blue lights and Urban Dust creates these independent radicals.
- 1.0 fl oz bottle
- The prebiotic technology helps in sustaining the skin’s Microbiome
- Protects your skin from future damages and corrects the existing patches by delivering Vitamin C
- Assists in maintaining the natural Vitamin E and C productions.
- Highly recommended by dermatologist
2. Vivant Skin Care’s 8% Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 Serum
Vivant Skin Care is all about vibrant and healthy skin, despite genetics. The products address the health of our skin with multi-tiered solutions of a synergistic system and it is the best products for hyperpigmentation in dark skin .
Vivant Skin Care formulates the serum with commitment, care, and top-notch quality of ingredients. 8% Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 serum primarily targets irregular pigmentation, aging, and acne.
Dermatologists recommend the product to be used in oily, standard, and combined skin types. But it is mainly ideal for the skin, which is sensitive to glycolic, hydroquinone, and Benzoyl Peroxide.
The serum is best suited for dark skin, and the effects of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) is prominent.
- Perfect for darker skin tones
- Optimal use in treating sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Ideal for dry skin open to Benzoyl Peroxide and glycolic acid
- Brightens skin tone by reducing fine lines
- Forms micro-exfoliation in skin
- May develop undue scaling in the sensitive skin areas
3. Sunday Riley Good Genes
Purified grade and high potency lactic acid shed pore-clogged, dull, and dead skin cells to reveal a younger, clearer, and smooth skin immediately.
It battles against the visible symptoms of hyperpigmentation.
The licorice present in the product naturally illuminates the skin discoloration and it is the best product for dry skin. While aloe soothes the skin, lemongrass helps increase radiance.
We popularly know the concentrated treatment with Good genes for reducing dark face spots, wrinkles, lines, age spots, pigmentation caused due to sun exposure, and naturally induced even-toned and brighter skin.
- Correct dark spots
- Skin brightness
- Exfoliation of dead skin cells
- Clinically proven
- It takes a long time to display effects
- Does not work in uneven skin tone
4. EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen
UV Clear Facial Sunscreen, the oil-free sunscreen of EltaMD, is for hyperpigmentation treatment, dermatologist-recommended.
It helps protect and calm sensitive skin, which is more likely to get acne, discoloration, and rosacea.
This is the best Sunscreen for hyperpigmentation which is composed of zinc oxide, which has comprehensive coverage of the spectrum, including protection from the Sun’s UVB and UV rays.
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Protects against burning and aging rays
- Antioxidants protect from infrared and ultraviolet radiation
- Free of parabens, oil, and fragrance
- Does not leave any residue
- 9.0% transparent zinc oxide
- Might cause sunburns
5. Best Retinol Serum: PCA SKIN Intensive Brightening Treatment
PCA SKIN presents a pure and robust night treatment by retinol with its Intensive Bright Treatment 0.5% Pure Retinol Night.
Customers have reported dramatic skin yellowing and reduced discoloration upon using this powerful retinol formula of effective ingredients.
That is why it is the best retinol serum for hyperpigmentation. It includes niacinamide, which heightens uneven skin tone and reduces extra oil production and water loss; hexylresorcinol reduces skin discoloration induced by inflammation; and resveratrol for even and bright skin.
- Creates a radiant, bright, and even complexion
- Composition promotes discoloration improvement by providing a healthy glow.
- Uses a delivery system of certified OmniSome, to deliver the pieces deeper in the skin
- Retinol being Sun sensitizing, has many adverse effects
6. The Ordinary Facial Skincare set
Vitamin C is a useful antioxidant, whose L-Ascorbic Acid pure form displays brightening and various reverse aging skin signs.
The Ordinary’s non-silicon formula gives stable and pure 23% L-Ascorbic Acid due to the water-less composition.
Along with the Vitamin C benefits, dehydrated Hyaluronic Acid spheres benefits in surface smoothing. Do this treatment at night and it is best for skin susceptible to acne.
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Improves skin radiance and texture
- Causes even-toned, clearer, brighter and soft skin
- Free of nut, silicon, oil, water
- Might not show effective outcomes due to the high percentage of Vitamin C
- May not absorb instantly
- Cannot put another layer on top due to the greasy and heavy texture
7. Hylunia Beyond Complex Vitamin C Serum
Hylunia’s unique vegan formula includes Vitamin E, Vitamin A, antioxidants, and five peptides. This powerful formulation has an impactful effect with Vitamin C.
Complex Vitamin C Serum helps in wrinkles and slight line reduction by 25% in only twelve days.
As one of the best vegan serum for hyperpigmentation, Hylunia’s serum ensures optimal vitamin c penetration in the skin, soothes rosacea induced redness, decreases irritation, minimizes damage due to free radicals, and promotes collagen synthesis.
- Boosts skin radiance
- Helps reverse sun damage
- Clinically proven
- Works best for rosacea, sun damage, aging.
- May be greasy and irritate some skin types
- May cause skin dryness
8. Differin Dark Spot Correcting Serum
This product is the best lightweight serum for hyperpigmentation which helps to accelerate overall clarity and skin tone by slowly fading scars, hyperpigmentation, and acne marks.
You can smoothly use this under makeup due to its gel-like formula. The citric acid renews the skin surface.
- Improves luminosity
- Dermatologist tested
- Evens skin tone
- Corrects discoloration
- May stink
- May cause irritation
9. Tranexamic Acid serum
The pocket-friendly Tranexamic Acid Serum shows visible results in dark spots reduction.
It has a hypoallergenic and non-irritating formula. It delivers maximum effect if you use it regularly in the morning and at night.
- The combination of Tranexamic acid with Vitamin C helps in skin brightening
- Natural and organic ingredients
- May be sticky
- Long-term use
10. EnaSkin Dark Spot Corrector Remover for Face and Body
We can use the brightening serum on our face, elbows, knees, between thighs, legs, arms, and other body parts.
It effectively removes freckles, age spots, dark spots, acne scars, and sunspots to brighten the skin tone. The natural ingredients supply nutrients to our skin and delay wrinkles.
- Rejuvenates skin
- Delays premature aging of the skin
- Sun exposure will cause skin darkening
- Dangerous if it enters the eyes
Recommended Picks For You:
Eczema, festering pimples, the Sun, hormonal changes, and genetics are among the many reasons that give rise to the prevalent discoloration of the skin, called hyperpigmentation.
The formation of dark-brown patches on the forehead, upper lip, nose, or cheeks is common among men and women. Dermatologists state that UV lights stimulate melanin and cause hyperpigmentation.
Thus, it is essential to use antioxidants and sunscreens. We listed down the ten best products for hyperpigmentation treatment.
However, we would highly recommend Revision Skincare’s C+ Correcting Complex 30%.