If you want to get a temporary tattoo, unique and personal, you might need the best tattoo pens for skin to do it. Before going for a permanent tattoo, people prefer to temporarily carve their vision to see how their design will look.
1. Best Colourful Skin Markers: Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker, Black
“Enjoy all the vibrant and bold colors to style the body art gracefully with this one.”
2. Best Waterproof Skin Marker: BIC Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker With Fine Tip, Mandala
“It’s one of the best for waterproof tattoos; one can easily use the fine tip to get more precise and beautiful skin tattoos.”
3. Best Kit For Temporary Body Art: Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Markers With Stencil Kit And Inspiration Book
“The kit provides a pack of 6 assorted markers and 9 stencils of different shapes for the body art, giving you full freedom to explore your creativity.”
4. Best Skin Safe Kit: Vanli’s Temporary Tattoo Pens
“The kit provides bold, an intense plethora of colors with stencil papers. Teens can even use it as it’s 100% skin-safe and allows you to explore more. “
5. Best Organic Inkbox Kit: Inkbox Freehand Ink Semi-Temporary Tattoos
“Using the bottle-shaped ink and stainless steel nib with stencils, you can easily make temporary tattoos of your choice which are semi-permanent.”
6. Best Temporary Inkbox Kit: Kevinart Temp Tattoo Kit Temporary Tattoos Kits
“It comes with the best accessories, including stencils, cotton swabs, and gloves to keep the body art on point.”
7. Best Permanent Skin Marker: Sharpie Retractable Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point
“With the ultra-fine point, you can even make the complicated tattoos you always wanted and fill them with different bright colors.”
8. Best Shimmery Skin Pens: Toysmith Ink-A-Do Shimmery Tattoo Pens
“Best suited for a shimmery look as it provides multifarious waterproof pens for your skin art.”
9. Best Transitory Body Art: Alex Spa Girls Totally Temporary Tattoo Kit
“It comes with amazing materials like watercolors, stencils, bold colors, stencil designs, and paper to enjoy the tattooing process. Girls will definitely love it.”
10. Best Black Skin Marker: 10x Black Body Art Pens
“Best suited for those who just want to ink with black color. It provides an intense bold black colored marker for a smooth and vibrant art for all purposes.”
11. Best Gel Ink Skin Marker: Organic Jagua Black Temporary Tattoo And Body Painting Premium Kit
“Organic and provides gel-based ink for an enticing yet temporary skin art.”
12. Best Henna Body Art: Henna Style Body Art Pens By Velvet Body Art
“It has henna-based ink which is smudge-proof and semi-permanent and suitable for all-purpose of skin art.”
Thus, they often choose temporary tattoo pens. Experimenting with temporary skin-safe tattoo pens will give you room to explore and understand what you want before it’s permanent.
You can experiment as much you want, can have different tattoos for different occasions, and can easily make them at the comfort of your home. In addition, temporary tattoo pens for skin are pain-free, i.e., say bye-bye to the horrors of a needle piercing as well as the risk of infections accompanied by it.
Now, the major question is, why you need it and which will be the best tattoo pens for your skin? Before we provide you some of the best tattoo pens for skin, we would also answer your questions to clarify all the doubts.
To find all of your preferred beauty products, check our carefully selected list of premium beauty products include the latest in skin care, fragrances, nails, hair products, makeup, and much more.
- 1. Why do we need a Temporary Tattoo Marker?
- 2. Best Tattoo Pens For Skin: Ultimate Buying Guide
- 2.1 Best Colourful Skin Markers: Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker, Black
- 2.2 Best Waterproof Skin Marker: BIC Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker With Fine Tip, Mandala
- 2.3 Best Kit For Temporary Body Art: Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Markers With Stencil Kit And Inspiration Book
- 2.4 Best Skin Safe Kit: Vanli’s Temporary Tattoo Pens
- 2.5 Best Organic Inkbox Kit: Inkbox Freehand Ink Semi-Temporary Tattoos
- 2.6 Best Temporary Inkbox Kit: Kevinart Temp Tattoo Kit Temporary Tattoos Kits
- 2.7 Best Permanent Skin Marker: Sharpie Retractable Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point
- 2.8 Best Shimmery Skin Pens: Toysmith Ink-A-Do Shimmery Tattoo Pens
- 2.9 Best Transitory Body Art: Alex Spa Girls Totally Temporary Tattoo Kit
- 2.10 Best Black Skin Marker: 10x Black Body Art Pens
- 2.11 Best Gel Ink Skin Marker: Organic Jagua Black Temporary Tattoo And Body Painting Premium Kit
- 2.12 Best Henna Body Art: Henna Style Body Art Pens By Velvet Body Art
- 3. How to do Temporary Tattoos with Markers?
- 4. How to Use a Temporary Tattoo Marker Tip properly?
- 5. Aftercare for a Temporary Tattoo?
- 6. Conclusion
- 7. Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do we need a Temporary Tattoo Marker?
To express your thoughts or just for fun, if you want to have a tattoo, then temporary skin-safe tattoo pens are the best ones to go for. They do not give you any pain nor permanent body engraves.
These temporary tattoo marker pens let you create fun, novel, fresh, funky ideas and keeps up with the trend to look flashy!
2. Best Tattoo Pens For Skin: Ultimate Buying Guide
2.1 Best Colourful Skin Markers: Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker, Black
Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker, Black
- Great for special occasions, sporting events, parties, festivals, and more.
Out show yourself with BodyMarker by using BIC body art markers! Unlike inks that are not intended for skin drawing, BodyMark Tattoo Markers are best tattoo pens for skin which assist you in creating funky styles, specific designs without harming your skin. Experience a tattoo layout without the ache or commitment, or simply use them for fun.
It is a cosmetic-grade marker that is specially designed for skin usage without causing any harm to it. In addition, it has a low-odor ink that quickly dries and lasts for days, making it best to use for big events, festivals, Halloween costumes, or whenever you’re feeling innovative!
This product has flex-tips and a good grip that allows you to draw thin lines and fill the shapes easily from 1mm to 4 mm. So from adults to teens, anyone can use it without any hassle. The vivid, colorful inks of BodyMark tattoo stencil markers will let you create designs on the skin without hitting the tattoo parlor! The product contains Propyl Alcohol, Water/Eau, Acrylates/dimethylaminoethyl, Methacrylate Copolymer, Hydrochloric Acid which makes it the best and safe for skin temporary tattoo marker.
- Available in diverse colors
- Long-lasting colors
- 3 black temporary tattoo markers per pack
- Flexible brush tip
- Not refillable
- Lasts up to few days
2.2 Best Waterproof Skin Marker: BIC Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker With Fine Tip, Mandala
BIC Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Marker With Fine Tip, Mandala
- Each marker has a fine point for precise details.
The best way to create your designs and keep up with the trend is by using BIC BodyMark temporary tattoo marker. Remember the times when you were a kid and got those temporary tattoos pens for skin?
But it was hard to keep the drawing intact and far from ruining, right? Well, BIC got you all covered by providing its skin-safe tattoo pens as “Body Mark” markers and stencils. These temporary tattoo pens for skin are specially designed with fine tips to make your tattoos more precise, detailed, and real.
Its soft gip makes it easy for you to hold and control it with a lot of comfort. In addition, it has non-toxic ink, which easily stays for at least 3 days. This product contains pack of 8 assorted markers with bright colors perfect for creating a wide variety of designs along with 3 stencils.
- Easy to apply
- Each marker has a fine point
- Long-lasting colors
- Takes several washes to fade
- Harmful for eye and lip areas
- Limited Colours available
2.3 Best Kit For Temporary Body Art: Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Markers With Stencil Kit And Inspiration Book
Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Markers With Stencil Kit And Inspiration Book
- Stencils include hearts, flowers, and other contemporary imagery to inspire your temporary tattoos.
Now create your own design anytime, anywhere, with the handy skin-safe tattoo pens for skin the pack of 6 assorted markers and 9 stencils.
It contains PROPYL alcohol, acrylates/dimethylaminoethyl, water, methacrylate copolymer, hydrochloric acid, etc. With its flexible felt tip, you can easily draw thin to broad lines giving your tattoo more depth if you want.
Stencils include flowers, flowers, etc., to help you out while making tattoos. You can use Look Book for tips and tricks to easily find some of the best, trendy styles to start with. The temporary tattoo pens let you create trendy and cool appealing designs.
- Inspiration book by renowned tattoo artist Miryam Lumpini
- 9 stencils
- Vivid colored pens
- Easy to use
- Harmful for sensitive body area parts
2.4 Best Skin Safe Kit: Vanli’s Temporary Tattoo Pens
- Each tattoo pen is made from non toxic pigment from natural sources and complies with ASTM and US cosmetic standards.
Vanli’s temporary tattoo pens are exclusively designed to highlight the colors on your skin. With their 6 original fine felt Henna Tattoo Markers and 7 Metallic Brush pens, you can put your imagination into reality. Then, using the provided stencil papers and 50 unique Tattoo designs, you can add more charm to your tattoo with these tattoo pens for skin.
Its safe for men, women, and kids. Made from natural ingredients, it complies with ASTM and US cosmetic standards, making it the best safe tattoo pen for the skin.
It mainly consists of sodium lignosulfonate, a non-toxic pigment of various colors, sodium sulfate, titanium dioxide, water, sodium carbonate, etc. You will be surprised to see the amazing results and performance of these temporary tattoo pens.
- Plethora of ccolorpens
- Can be used by kids
- Safe for skin pigments
- 50 designs availability
- Takes several washes to fade
- Harmful for sensitive skin areas if handed over to kids
2.5 Best Organic Inkbox Kit: Inkbox Freehand Ink Semi-Temporary Tattoos
Inkbox Freehand Ink Semi-Temporary Tattoos
- Your creation will begin to develop within 24-36 hours and lasts between 1-2 weeks.
As the box says, ” Create your own masterpiece,” one can surely have a unique masterpiece. The kit has everything you need while making a tattoo; whether you a beginner or love to experiment with different tattoos, this one is for you.
In one single package, you will get 0.5 oz Freehand Ink, Tip pack, 0.5 oz Shading Ink, Skin Safe Pen, and Transfer Paper Pencil.
These Inkbox skin-safe pens are best tattoo pens for skin which come in an ergonomically shaped bottle with stainless steel tip. The product’s ultimate feature is that it makes the tattoo look lively and inked, which can last for 1-2 weeks.
The product uses semi-permanent tattoo technology, wherein the ink sinks into the top layer of your skin and alters its color to a dark blue or black color. It then fades away gradually as your skin naturally regenerates.
It’s a completely vegan, cruelty-free product that is easy to apply.
- Looks lively and inked
- Easy to use
- Interchangeable tips
- Fades away after 2 weeks
- Takes time to ink
2.6 Best Temporary Inkbox Kit: Kevinart Temp Tattoo Kit Temporary Tattoos Kits
Kevinart Temp Tattoo Kit Temporary Tattoos Kits
- Our temporary tattoos are long lasting and waterproof, the ink can withstood many time intense gym workouts and showers.
Want more than a temporary tattoo? Then, this semi-permanent tattoo kit is for you as it really looks like a real tattoo. It provides long-lasting, waterproof tattoos which can even withstand sweat during your gym workouts and showers.
Its natural juice-based tattoo kit contains 4 bottles of black temp tattoo ink, 24 stencils, 4 disposable gloves, 8 painting cotton swabs, and a detailed instruction card. These tattoo pens for skin will work great for gym users, swimmers, stylists, and many more.
Its metal point head is easy to use and controls the ink flow to make tattoos all over the body. Suppose you are planning a theme party, sleepover, celebrating occasions like Halloween, Christmas, etc.
In that case, playing with this marker pen will be quite fun. Although the product stays for 3-6 days, the tattoo marker pen price is highly affordable.
- Easy to use
- Reusable metal tip
- Looks lively inked
- Maximum stays only upto 3-6 days.
2.7 Best Permanent Skin Marker: Sharpie Retractable Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point
Sharpie Retractable Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point
- Remarkably resilient ink dries quickly and resists fading and water; AP certified
If you like detailing and want a really fine-pointed permanent tattoo marker, then go for Sharpie Retractable Permanent Markers. Others might get blurry, smudgy, wiped out, but this one will have a lasting impression on your skin.
These Sharpie tattoo pens for skin are loaded with fast-drying, blur-safe, smudge-safe, water-resistant ink to provide your mind the creative freedom. In addition, its ultra-fine tip offers more delicate use, which can work on any surface.
They have a Safety Seal valve plan that keeps the ink from drying out and stays put through all the seasons. The ink dries quickly but leaves a permanent mark.
It’s Certified AP non-toxic available in various colors, which can be handled easily. Tattoo marker pen price is worth spending, especially for those who want a more permanent design.
- Safe for skin pore
- Different color are available
- Fine point tip
- Bold colors
- Vibrant and eye-popping results
- Dries up quickly
- Design cant be altered once done
2.8 Best Shimmery Skin Pens: Toysmith Ink-A-Do Shimmery Tattoo Pens
Toysmith Ink-A-Do Shimmery Tattoo Pens
- Perfect for travel, party favors, giveaways, schools, organizations, stocking stuffers, & so much more!
It is fun-packed shimmery tattoo pens for teens who love the shimmer. It’s fully washable. These tattoo pens for skin are best suited for parties, sleepovers, fun games, etc. The pack consists of 6 pens and 3 stencil sheets, widely used by teens and kids of 6 yrs and above for their fun activities.
The gel pen ink is safe on the skin, non-toxic, completely washable, providing your kids a lot of fun. With these tattoo stencil markers, you can let your kids use their imagination for drawing without worrying about leaving its impression behind.
Let them play and have fun since they are the best tattoo gel ink safe for skin! Later on, remove the ink by simply washing it.
- For all age groups
- Limited colors available
- Harmful for sensitive areas
2.9 Best Transitory Body Art: Alex Spa Girls Totally Temporary Tattoo Kit
Alex Spa Girls Totally Temporary Tattoo Kit
- Includes 57 tattoos, 108 foil tattoos, 85 gem tattoos, 6 stencil stickers, 5 sketch & sparkle tattoo pens, sponge and instructions
Using the ALEX Spa tattoo kit is yet another interesting way to have a long-lasting tattoo impression. You, along with your gang, can lose the inner creative monsters out and use this kit for a makeover party.
The tattoo pens for skin kit comprises 250 transitory tattoos that you can use to enhance yourself from head to toe. You can use them to add more glam to your design or go raw with your colors and outlines. It’s safe to use by kids of over 8 years.
Choose a theme and start making tattoos based on it. Use the Candy pop ones for a cute look, whereas the cartoony ones will give you a fun look. Choose the foil hair and other tiny-shiny ones anywhere on your body or hair. There are other tattoos as well to explore in the box, along with a sponge, sparkle tattoo pens, and sketches.
Being easy to wash, you get a lot of fun while using these style skin markers.
- Many available accessories in the kit
- Easy to apply
- Valid for any events
- Vibrant colors
- May take several washes to remove
2.10 Best Black Skin Marker: 10x Black Body Art Pens
Most suitable for defining the lines of existing tattoos, outlining new ones, defining and enhancing lips or eyes. Thus, they are the best pens for drawing tattoos on skin.
Get a more intense, real tattoo look by using 10x black body art pens. It’s quite gentle on the skin, from adults to kids; anyone can use it for face art.
You will be getting 10 non-fading, vibrant and long-lasting black Goth pens along with 5 professional makeup remover wipes. It works on the new direct ink system with quick-dry formula providing you smudge-proof results. In addition, its water-based liquid ink lasts for a longer period.
Using its velvet-like tip, you can easily get a smooth application in one stroke, with no need to pull or drag it. Even get a more detailed, controlled, and precise art creating thin to bold lines or filling in between to get a dramatic look for your night outs, parties, etc.
- Easy to apply
- Intense color
- Can be used around eyes, on lips
- Not many accessories
- Only one color available
2.11 Best Gel Ink Skin Marker: Organic Jagua Black Temporary Tattoo And Body Painting Premium Kit
- All Natural, Organic, and Lasting – Safe for children, this kit does not contain PPD or any other toxic chemicals.
Another organic, all-natural, long-lasting tattoo kit, having the best pens for drawing tattoos on skin. Its best feature is that every batch is closely monitored, hand-picked, and tested to provide safety and freshness. So it’s safe for children as well as it doesn’t have PPD or any other harmful chemical.
Jagua is an organically farmed fruit, so don’t get it confused with henna. But it can last for 10-15 days, making it one of the best tattoo pens for skin. Its easy-to-use and have a shelf-life of 2-3 months after opening if kept in the refrigerator.
Whenever you want to use it, simply add water to the Jagua gel and start making your beautiful designs. Every time you will get the same consistency and can make 15 designs.
It contains water, xantham gum, potassium sorbate, citric acid, etc., thus making it safe to use on the skin.
- Organic gel
- Plant-based materials
- Easy to apply
- Not suitable for those allergic to fruits
2.12 Best Henna Body Art: Henna Style Body Art Pens By Velvet Body Art
Henna Style Body Art Pens By Velvet Body Art
- Temporary body art pens and Tattoo Markers. Henna Ink Pens for Skin. Multiple 3 piece color kits.
Body art pens by Velvet is another water-based ink with an adaptable tightened velvet-like tip. It is incredibly simple to make thick, intense lines using the Body Arts pen. These are professional body art pens temporary tattoo color pens for enhancing and defining ink henna.
The velvet tip is longer than most tattoo pens with a tightened tip. Having a tightened tip permits you better control over the drawings, making them smooth, more precise, and consistent. It also has a water-based liquid ink, which is long-lasting, smudge-proof, waterproof, and requires no pulling or dragging.
You can also use it to enhance as well as define your eyes or lips. Best suitable for Halloween makeup, an exciting night-out look, a fresh day look, or a dramatic party look. One pen can last for months, giving you perfect, flawless output.
- Only limited colors available
3. How to do Temporary Tattoos with Markers?
Temporary tattoos can be made using henna pens, a temporary inkbox that makes your tattoo look inked, tattoo gel, and temporary vibrant markers.
The kits also provide stencils and stencil papers to help you draw designs in a more certain way. You might remember when you were a kid and used to draw on your arms using a pen, so using a tattoo pen is just like that only.
Using tattoo pens for skin is not very tricky and can easily be executed at home. So if you want a tattoo quickly anywhere on your body, these tattoo markers will surely help you out.
Follow the simple steps to do so.
- Firstly clean the area where you want to make the tattoo. You can use alcohol to clean the part, dip cotton in a small amount of alcohol and clean the area. In case you have any hairs there, remove them for better clarity.
- Then make a tattoo stencil by using paper and drawing what you want your tattoo to look like.
- Choose the markers you are going to use for the tattoo.
- Once the outline is made, let it dry for a while, and then you can start to fill it if you need.
- Ensure that the layers dry before adding one layer over another to avoid the color from bleeding.
Always choose the best skin-safe tattoo pens. In case you have sensitive skin, you can do a patch test first before making the whole tattoo to see whether you have any side effects because of it or not.
4. How to Use a Temporary Tattoo Marker Tip properly?
Most people struggle with using the fine tip of tattoo pens for the skin. Here are few tips that can help you to achieve it.
• Hold your pen at 45 degrees so that the tip gives you fine lines and a lot of room to work with.
• It will also help you to adjust according to your comfort level and your competence in inking.
• Allow the ink to dry thoroughly before overlapping or filling it.
• You can also outline the design before directly executing it with tattoo pens for skin. But if you mess up, you need not worry because tattoo pens for skin are flexible and have a little room for error.
5. Aftercare for a Temporary Tattoo?
Aftercare for tattoo pens for skin is crucial if you want them to last longer and give you a long-lasting effect without fading or budging. Initially, your tattoo is vulnerable, and taking care of it will make sure that it doesn’t get blurry or smudged and ruin your beautiful design.
• We suggest that you don’t let the tattooed area contact water as it may lead to ink bleeding.
• Avoid swimming, and while bathing or showering, avoid contact with water. You can cover the tattoo area with something to avoid water contact
• We suggest not using perfume or anything that may contain alcohol because it may lead to ink dispersing and ruining your design.
• Do not rub clothes or apply moisturizers on the tattooed area as it may disturb the ink.
• It’s alright to swim or shower with a waterproof tattoo. Simply do whatever it takes not to absorb in the shower or permit it to come into contact with cleanser, body wash, or oils.
These tips will surely help you to have a long-lasting temporary tattoo.
We hope all your doubts are cleared now, and you are set to buy the best tattoo pen to draw on skin. All the tattoo pens are easy to use, safe for skin pigments, trendy, and are the best pens for drawing tattoos on skin.
If you are still confused about which one to go for, we recommend choosing Bic Bodymark Temporary Tattoo Markers with Stencil Kit and Inspiration Book. It provides an organized kit and colorful temporary tattoo pens for funky body art.
Those who love henna can surely go for Henna Style Body Art Pens, consisting of ballpoint pen tattoo stencil for engraving the perfect designs. Lastly, Inkbox Freehand Ink Temporary Tattoos will make your temporary tattoos look more real.
7. Frequently Asked Questions
- Are tattoo markers safe?
Yes, most tattoo pens are non-toxic and safe to use on the skin. But there might be some which contain toxic ingredients and can be harmful to our skin. Keeping that in mind, we have listed some of the best non-toxic tattoo pens for skin for you.
- How long does a tattoo pen last?
Depending on how much you maintain or care for your tattoo pen, it may last 6 to 10 years. The better care you provide, the more chance there is for your tattoo pens for skin to last longer and give you a better result.
It also depends on how many times you have used it and whether or not you followed the steps after using it to keep it running.
- How to make your temporary tattoo marker last longer?
Here few ways you can increase the longevity of your tattoo pens for skin.
- Clean the tips after every usage; this way, you can increase the yield and control your ink flow.
- Keep a tissue near you while working with the tattoo pens so that its tip doesn’t get jammed due to the continuous ink flow, and you have better control over it.
- You should hold your pen at 45 degrees to maintain proper ink flow, as well as to maintain its tip.
- How to remove temporary tattoo markers?
Here are a few simple steps to remove temporary tattoo markers from your skin:
- By using any alcohol-based cleanser or acetone-free nail paint remover.
- Use any facial or body scrub that can remove dead skin to remove your temporary tattoo as it only sits on the outer layer of the skin. Ensure not to use any chemical scrub or exfoliator as it may react with the ink and may cause certain side effects.
- A good-quality makeup remover can also be used to remove the temporary tattoo on your skin. As the tattoo sits on the surface of your skin, any oil or water-based makeup remover will remove it. Use it with a cotton pad.
- You can use vaseline or any oil-based cream on your tattoo as the oils will produce heat and melt down the ink particles sitting on your skin instantly, which can be cleaned using a tissue later on.
Share this on Pinterest
- 10 Best Microblading Ink for a Perfect Brow
- 12 Best Temporary Tattoo Pens for Skin (Black & Fair Skin)!
- 10 Best Tattoo Pens For Skin
- Is Permanent Makeup Safe? Everything You Need to Know