Chemical peels have become increasingly in vogue these days. From brightening your skin to fighting acne, everybody is searching for the best peels for dark spots.
Most people these days have trouble with hyperpigmentation and acne issues, and the struggle is very real. Even if you take some precautions like adjusting your diet or trying out skincare remedies, these still happen.
Chemical peels are a savior in this situation. You can do them comfortably at your home itself and get yourself smoother and lighter skin.
Some chemical peels also benefit from reducing aging, fine lines, and wrinkles while fighting acne and acne scars. So what are you waiting for?
Read on to know about the best peels for dark spots.
- 10 Best Peels For Dark Spots
- 1. Best for Blackhead : Insta Natural 30% Glycolic AHA Chemical Peel
- 2. Best for Dry Skin: Dermalogy By Neogenlab Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads
- 3. Best Peeling Pad: DERMA doctor Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E
- 4. Best for Dull Skin: Savor Beauty Illuminate Pumpkin Enzyme Peel
- 5. Best for Acne Prone: Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Overnight Peel
- 6. Best Anti-Aging: Instaderm Anti-Aging Exfoliating Peel Pads
- 7. Best for Oily Skin: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel
- 8. Best for Mature Skin: Algenist Blue Algae Vitamin C Peel
- 9. Best for Breakouts: Perfect Image Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel
- 10. Best for Hyper Pigmentation: Jessner’s Peel By True Radiance
- Factors To Look For When Buying Chemical Peels
10 Best Peels For Dark Spots
Here, is the list of 10 best peels for dark spots that will help to reduce dark spots and discoloration form the skin.
1. Best for Blackhead : Insta Natural 30% Glycolic AHA Chemical Peel
Are you looking to avoid hitting the salon and just get a chemical treatment all by yourself? Well, this one might work for you. One of the best peels for dark spots, the key features of this peel are just endless.
While giving you brighter and soft skin, it will provide sufficient exfoliation and minimize your pores too.
This chemical peel’s main ingredients are glycolic acid, lactic acid, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid, which is the miracle product in the beauty industry these days.
The acids work well together to get rid of your dull and tired skin, and by peeling them off, you can enjoy a younger, fresh and supple new skin.
You can also reduce your dark spots and use this chemical peel to battle hyperpigmentation, in general.
While the glycolic acid will make your skin smooth and provide a radiant glow, vitamin C helps to enhance your complexion and make your face brighter. It also has an anti-aging formula that will keep you looking young with less wrinkles.
- • 30% glycolic AHA peel
- • Suitable for all skin types
- • Instantly brightens your skin
- • Unclogs pores and removes dark spots
- • Not effective against blackheads
- • Dark spots may be still visible after using the peel
2. Best for Dry Skin: Dermalogy By Neogenlab Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads
Peeling pads make your life easier as they are best peels for dark spots. Unlike creams and lotions, you need to take one off each of these pads and use them to your comfort and convenience.
Besides coming in the form of peeling pads, this peel by Neogenlab has several other benefits. It provides intense cleansing and exfoliation effect on your skin, so if you’ve been thinking a long time about getting a facial, do give this one a try.
Along with removing old and dead skin cells, it can instantly make your face look bright and beautiful.
And also, if you have rough skin, use these peeling pads a couple of times, and you’ll notice a significant difference. It will make your skin extra soft and super smooth, all while being easy to apply and remove.
The gauze pads come in a 3 layer structure, where the first layer contains the mesh gauze pad made from 100% pure cotton, while the second layer is a cushion pad. And the third and final has the embossed pads, which consist of all the active ingredients needed for your skin.
- • Makes skin glow
- • Removes dark spots
- • Cleanses and exfoliates
- • Easy application
- • Great chemical peels for hyperpigmentation
- • Need only 1 pc to be used per day
- • Ingredients contain denatured alcohol, which may cause reactions in some people
3. Best Peeling Pad: DERMA doctor Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E
- Calming complex leaves skin feeling hydrated, healthy & luminous.
With both AHAs and BHAs combined, this daily peel pad is one of the most convenient chemical peels you will get. They are easy to use and easy to apply, and also have excellent properties in fighting tired and dull skin.
You can now confidently say goodbye to dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and dull skin with this pack of 30 daily peel pads.
Being an easy at-home treatment, the main ingredient is Kakadu Plums, which are rich sources of Vitamin C that will brighten your skin.
Other Active ingredients of this chemical peel include medical-grade glycolic acid, lactic acid, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin E extracts.
This chemical peel also has anti-oxidant properties to fight free radicals, making it the best glycolic acid for dark spots.
- • Rich in anti-oxidants
- • Kakadu plums
- • Powerhouse of Vitamin C
- • Evens skin tone
- • Reduces hyperpigmentation
- • Cruelty-free
- • Best at home chemical peel for dark spots
4. Best for Dull Skin: Savor Beauty Illuminate Pumpkin Enzyme Peel
Looking to give an instant glow to your dull skin? This pumpkin enzyme peel is here to your rescue and these peels are best peels for dark spots. It contains sufficient amount of alpha hydroxy acids to quickly give you that bright and radiant glow.
While lactic acid helps to overcome the dead skin cells, the pumpkin will surely lighten your skin, and give out an amazing fragrance.
With 5% lactic acid content and the rest being gluconic acid as well as pumpkin puree, you can now get smooth and soft skin. And whats great is that you can complete your whole peeling regimen in as less as 5 minutes.
- Pumpkin lightening effect
- • Lactic acid and gluconic acid content
- • Instant brightness
- • Quick results
- May have a putting off smell
5. Best for Acne Prone: Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Overnight Peel
- Dark spot overnight peel
With just a single night’s sleep, you can now wake up to even radiant skin, all with this Garnier dark spot remover overnight peel.
With the main ingredients being glycolic acid and vitamin C, this definitely does a brilliant job of reducing dark spots and improving your complexion at a single go.
Within just one night, you can feel how much your skin gets hydrated, and in a week, your skin starts getting brighter. In less than a month, you will notice that there has been a significant reduction in spots, acne marks, and other dark spots on your face.
- • Smoothens skin texture
- • Fades dark spots
- • Evens skin tone
- • Brightens complexion
- • Contains vitamin C
- • Effective chemical peel for dark neck
- • Helps from sun damage
- • May cause breakouts
6. Best Anti-Aging: Instaderm Anti-Aging Exfoliating Peel Pads
With clinically-proven anti-aging properties, these chemical peeling pads by Instaderm are recommended by top dermatologists to provide the best rejuvenating effects to your skin.
The product is completely alcohol-free and is suitable for both men and women alike. Active ingredients in each of these textured peel pads include Salicylic acid, glycolic acid as well as lactic acid, which will together brighten your complexion.
Since it is made with medical-grade botanicals, these best peels for dark spots will also effectively reduce the signs of aging on your face, get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.
It even reduces large open pores and sagging. It gives a smooth and velvety finish to your face, which will make you look younger, better, brighter, and fresher.
- • Controls oily skin
- • Reduces signs of aging
- • Minimize pores
- • Eliminates blemishes
- • Alcohol-free
- • Best lactic acid for dark spots
- • Contains Alpha Hydroxy acids and bets Hydroxy acids
- • Prevents cellular damage
- • Salicylic acid is more active than other ingredients
- • May cause breakouts on sensitive skin
7. Best for Oily Skin: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel
- Best for wrinkles and enlarged pores
Your search for a chemical peel that also effectively fights the many signs of aging ends here. From fine lines to wrinkles there are several best peels for dark spots.
This dermatologically approved skincare peel is rich in alpha-hydroxy acids as well as beta hydroxy acids. It targets pores to cure them and also helps to relieve breakouts from acne. With this daily, you can now say goodbye to your dark spots as well.
The peel pads are gentle on your skin yet provide enough exfoliation needed for your skin to get rid of the dead cells and rejuvenate itself. The peel is specially formulated for oily skin, imperfect pores, blemishes, fine lines, and acne spots.
- • Reduces aging
- • Smoothens fine lines and wrinkles
- • Alpha hydroxy acids
- • Beta hydroxy acids
- • Removes dirt and excess oil from the skin
- • Peel pads tend to be very dry
8. Best for Mature Skin: Algenist Blue Algae Vitamin C Peel
Looking to indulge in a luxury skincare regimen without having to spend lots of money? Well then, you should check out this gentle Vitamin C peel from Algenist. It works effectively as an exfoliator, reducing any signs of aging.
The peel is as gentle on your skin and has great anti-aging properties. From reducing fine lines to wrinkles, this product can do it all for you.
It has an easy-to-apply leave-on formula that helps you to fight many of your skincare problems in just a single go. All active ingredients in this peel are sulfate and paraben-free, hence assuring maximum safety on your skin. This definitely acts as the best chemical peel for age spots.
- • Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- • Reduces acne scars
- • Minimizes pore size
- • Helps to even out your skin tone
- • Brightens complexion
- • Fades out dark spots
- • The best peel for sunspots
- • Consistency is more gel-liquid type
- • May cause damage to skin
9. Best for Breakouts: Perfect Image Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel
Tea tree oil and green tea extracts are the number one ingredients in the cosmetic industry these days, known for their excellent skin enhancing and acne-preventing properties.
Use this peel from Perfect Image to not only get rid of breakouts and acne marks but also enhance your complexion and make it bright in the process.
You can also use this one to fight hyperpigmentation issues and even out your skin tone. The 20% salicylic acid content also helps to fight excess oil on your skin.
This is the best peels for dark spots removes all the dead skin layers to reveal instantly bright skin. So what are you waiting for? It’s high time to get your hands on these ASAP.
- • Contains botanical extracts
- • Soothes inflammation
- • Evens skin tone
- • peeling cream for dark spots
- • Reduces dark spots
- • Prevents breakouts
- • Fights acne
- • Causes a burning sensation in some people
- • Causes bump on the skin
10. Best for Hyper Pigmentation: Jessner’s Peel By True Radiance
With salicylic acid and lactic acid working as the main active ingredients in this peel, you can be assured how effective it can be.
This is one of the best chemical peels for hyperpigmentation on black skin and has been proved useful in many ways.
By stimulating collagen from underneath the skin, this peel really brightens your dark spots and makes you look brighter and lighter. You can now say goodbye to scars and fine lines with this chemical peel and say hello to fresh-you g skin.
- • 10% glycolic acid peel
- • Suitable as a chemical peel for dark spots
- • Helps to prevent age spots
- • Reduces dark spots and sun damage
- • Helps in fighting acne and reducing pimples
- • Pungent smell
Factors To Look For When Buying Chemical Peels
As much as chemical peels are all the hype and rage, here are some factors you shouldn’t miss out on when buying one.
• Make sure that your skin is in great shape
It’s essential that you prep up your skin before trying out any chemical treatments on your face. Be it from the salon or your home. These still contain active chemical ingredients, so you do not want to leave your skin with burning sensations.
• Consult your dermatologist for an opinion
Do consult with your skin expert before deciding on a chemical peel to know more about the procedures. Also, be aware of your skin conditions, potentially cause a negative effect.
• Understand that just one peel won’t give you the results
You will need to use your chemical peels overtime to get the best results on your skin. Also, results that take time tend to be more lasting.
• Always conduct a patch test
This is the golden rule of skincare. No matter which product you chose, you can go a long way in protecting your skin and avoiding any negative reactions with just a little patch test.
Recommended Products for You
While all the chemical peels mentioned above have some excellent features, here are our top picks for the best peels for dark spots.
The Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Overnight Peel is our favorite. It gives you instant results, is easy to use and apply, contains all the essential active ingredients needed to fight pigmentation issues, and prevents cellular damage.
Our next best choice is the DERMA doctor Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad. Being a powerhouse of Vitamin C, it has all the ingredients needed to get rid of your dark spots. This one also has several benefits, which makes it one of the best peels for dark spots.
Share this on Pinterest:
- Can You Put Mascara On Fake Eyelashes?
- How Long Should You Wait To Bleach Your Hair Again?
- Can You Put Mascara On Lash Extensions?
- How Long To Wait To Dye Hair After Bleaching?
- 12 Best Eyelash Perm Kit