Laser hair removal is one of the surest and permanent ways to eliminate unwanted hairs on your body. However, the procedure does not come without discomfort and irritation. The numbing cream for laser hair removal are the best of all solutions to fight the negative effects of the process.
The numbing cream is an anesthetic cream commonly known as TAC. Made of 20% benzocaise and 80% combination of lidocaine and tetracaine, it eliminates discomforts. Several brands are selling numbing creams with different features.
- Top 10 Numbing Cream For Laser Hair Removal
- 1. Professional’s Pick: Greencaine Blast Topical Anaesthetic Gel
- 2. Best Hypoallergenic Cream: Dr. Numb Maximum Strength Pain Reliever
- 3. Best Budget: Ebanel numb520 Topical Anaesthetic Cream
- 4. Best Long-lasting: Everyday Medical Numbing Cream
- 5. Best Non-Oily Gel: Topicaine Topical Anaesthetic Gel
- 6. Best for Sensitive Skin: Lidocaine Plus Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Cream
- 7. Best Natural: Blue Emu Original Analgesic Cream
- 8. Fast Acting Numbing cream: Aspercreme Pain Relief Cream with Lidocaine
- 9. Best vegan: Hush Numbing Gel
- 10. Best for bikini area: No Scream Cream
- Factors to Look for while Buying a Numbing Cream
Top 10 Numbing Cream For Laser Hair Removal
Here is a list of some top-picks among the best numbing creams for hair removal present in the market:
1. Professional’s Pick: Greencaine Blast Topical Anaesthetic Gel
The Greencaine blast numbing gel is typically an Anaesthetic gel to get rid of a laser hair removal treatment’s discomfort. The item weighs 5 ounces and contains 4% lidocaine gel. Lidocaine is commonly used to numb the surface pain when applied externally on the surface of the skin.
The numbing gel by Greencaine is super absorbent and fast in action. It contains natural components such as Aloe vera, jojoba oil, and water along with caprylyl glycol, carbomer, disodium EDTA, glyceryl laurate, SD alcohol 40-B, and triethanolamine.
These ingredients reduce irritations and burns on the skin, giving you smooth and healthy skin. Professionals have categorized this particular anesthetic gel as one of the best numbing cream for laser hair removal.
- Easy to use, comes in gel format
- Easily absorbent
- Works within 15-30 minutes of application
- Reduces itching, irritation, and redness
- Natural ingredients such as jojoba oil and aloe vera cure and rejuvenate the skin
- Might cause a little bit of irritation while applying
- Not suitable for all skin types
2. Best Hypoallergenic Cream: Dr. Numb Maximum Strength Pain Reliever
The dr. numb cream is one of the best tattoo numbing creams the market has to offer. The most active ingredients present in the cream are 5% of Lidocaine, Benzyl Alcohol, and Lecithin.
These ingredients temporarily block the nerves, causing numbness or loss of sensation of the skin. The Lecithin works as a skin moisturizer to deliver smooth and healthy skin.
Dr. Numb lidocaine cream has hypoallergenic, safe-on-skin ingredients which reduce redness and discomfort on the skin. It is super absorbent and works within 15 minutes of application, and lasts anywhere between 2 to 4 hours.
The Dr.Numb anesthetic numbing cream is also one of the best tattoo numbing creams to buy. This particular product works well with the Dr. Numb spray and works ideally as a numbing cream for laser hair removal.
- Hypoallergenic cream
- Absorbs easily in the skin
- Moisturizes and cures skin
- Lasts anywhere between 2 to 4 hours
- The Dr. Numb price is affordable
- Not suitable for all kinds of skin
- The numbness depends on the magnitude of pain
3. Best Budget: Ebanel numb520 Topical Anaesthetic Cream
The Ebanel numb 520 topical anesthetic creams act as an ideal numbing cream for laser hair removal. Liposomal present in the cream penetrates the skin easily to provide fast pain relief. The lidocaine present in the product also acts as an anesthetic agent as an OTC drug.
The unique cocktail of botanicals in the ebanel numbing cream, including aloe and vitamin E, helps with skin inflammation and irritation. It is odor-free, oil-free, and non-greasy, fit to be used on sensitive skin.
This product is also one of the best ebanel numb 520 creams for a tattoo. The cream’s strength starts acting in 2-3 minutes and peaks after 20-25 minutes, lasting for 1 hour after its peak. Thus, applying the cream before tattooing has positive effects on the skin.
- Fast and easy action on the skin
- Helps in rejuvenating the skin and curing the irritation
- Safe on sensitive skin
- Natural components heal redness and burning
- Odour-free, oil-free and non-greasy
- Hypoallergenic on skin
- Does not mild out too intense pain
- Skin needs to be washed before application as the natural oils block out the effect of the cream
4. Best Long-lasting: Everyday Medical Numbing Cream
The Everyday Medical Numbing Cream is one of the best creams to use on tattoos, micro-needling, piercing, skin irritations. It is also used as a numbing cream for laser hair removal treatment.
Licorice, Aloe Vera, Tea Tree oil, clove oil, and jojoba absorb in the skin to ensure a pain-free experience and deliver healthy and smooth skin. 4% Lidocaine in the solution helps stop the sodium from entering the nerve ending, which temporarily blocks the nerves, numbing the area.
The cream absorbs into the skin and starts acting within 15-30 minutes of application, and lasts anywhere between 2 to 4 hours.
Natural ingredients present in the cream prevents redness, irritation, inflammation, and hypoallergenic. It is also safe for sensitive skin.
- Natural ingredients prevent redness, irritation, and discomfort.
- Numbs pain within 15-30 minutes
- Lasts up to a few hours
- Effect of the cream depends on the magnitude of the pain.
5. Best Non-Oily Gel: Topicaine Topical Anaesthetic Gel
The topical numbing gel is arguably one of the best numbing gel and the natural ingredients that deliver the desired results. It is preferred by professionals while using a numbing cream for laser hair removal.
Topicaine 5 numbing gel is a cooling gel with 4% lidocaine, water, ethanol, glyceryl monolaurate, benzyl alcohol, carbomer 9540, EDTA, and glycerine. Natural ingredients such as jojoba oil, aloe vera oil also improve the quality of the gel.
All the numbing gel ingredients help with minor skin irritations, burns, sunburns, and tattoo discomfort. The no-drip formula wipes easily from the skin.
It starts acting on the skin within 20-25 minutes of application and lasts till an hour or two. Application time affects the numbing effect: the longer you leave the gel on, the longer its effect.
- No-drip formula
- Easily absorbent
- Natural ingredients cure and rejuvenate skin
- Healthy and smooth skin results
- Good on sensitive skin
- Effect does not last long
- Effect of the gel depends on the magnitude of pain inflicted
6. Best for Sensitive Skin: Lidocaine Plus Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Cream
- It’s an excellent choice for First Degree Burns, Muscle Pain, Sunburn, Neuropathy, Bed Sores, Insect Bites, Laser Hair Removal, Hemorrhoids, Back Pain, Arthritis, Tattoo Removal, and so much more.
The Lidocaine Pain Relieving Cream is ideal to be used as a numbing cream for laser hair removal treatment. This OTC pain relief cream contains 4% Lidocaine Hydrochloride and works wonders as one of the best lidocaine for tattoos.
It also contains natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera, which hydrate, nourish, and soothe irritated and inflamed skin.
Lidocaine for laser hair removal works as same as lidocaine numbing cream for tattoos. This active ingredient absorbs fast in the skin to provide maximum anesthetic effect for pains and discomfort.
Hypoallergenic, safe-on skin cream delivers smooth and healthy skin, curing the affected area’s inflammation and redness. The effect of this cream reaches its maximum effect in about 25 minutes and lasts for 1-2hours.
- Safe on sensitive skin
- Fast absorbance and lasting effect
- Natural ingredients soothe and hydrate the skin
- The effect of the cream takes time to set in
- Does not work with too intense pain
7. Best Natural: Blue Emu Original Analgesic Cream
The 12ounces of Blue Emu numbing cream is one of the best numbing creams for laser hair removal treatment. It contains natural ingredients like Emu Oil which contains fatty acids that help in reducing inflammation and redness.
Mineral oil, water, Aloe vera extracts, horse chestnut seed, comfrey fruit, chamomile, Japanese pepper extracts, calendula flower, and Anthemis Nobilis Flower extracts help with the irritation of the skin.
The odor-free, lightweight cream is non-greasy and makes your skin hydrated and moisturized. This blue emu numbing cream for tattoos is also ideal for being used on the skin’s discomfort due to redness and swelling before or after tattoo application.
- Natural ingredients reduce discomfort and hydrate the skin
- Is ideal for tattoo discomfort and laser hair removal
- Lightweight, odor free and non-greasy
- The aloe extract moisturizes your skin
- Inconsistent application and effect time period
- Does not work well with too sensitive skin
- Does not work well to numb too intense pain
8. Fast Acting Numbing cream: Aspercreme Pain Relief Cream with Lidocaine
The Aspercreme numbing cream is an ideal numbing cream for laser hair removal. It contains 4% Lidocaine along with the Aloe leaf juice, glycerine, mineral oil, water, cetyl alcohol, methylparaben, and other core ingredients, the most active being Trolamine Salicylate 10%. Aspercreme with lidocaine numbs away pain, and the cream’s natural ingredients soothe and hydrate the skin surface.
Aspercreme with lidocaine for tattoos is ideal for application before and after getting a tattoo. It numbs the pain and improves the inflammation and discomfort of the skin. Superfast in absorbing and its effect, the aspercreme for laser hair removal is also referred by professionals to be used after treatment of the skin.
- Can be used for tattoos
- Can be used for tattoo removal
- Superfast absorption power
- Natural ingredients soothe and hydrate skin
- Non-greasy formula
- Inconsistent application and effect doesn’t last long
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
- Not suitable for pregnant women and people with allergies
9. Best vegan: Hush Numbing Gel
Professionals recommend the hush numbing gel as a numbing cream for laser hair removal. This gel-cream is non-greasy. It contains a unique blend of natural ingredients like aloe, which reduces skin inflammation and redness. The cream starts acting within 20-30 minutes of application.
The hush numbing gel burning is guaranteed not to occur with its safe formulation. It is also one of the vegan formulas to be used on the skin before and after a tattooing session.
Thus, safe on skin, superfast absorption, and fast action are some of the cream’s best features and can be used as an ideal numbing cream for hair removal treatments.
- Not greasy
- Superfast absorption in the skin
- Natural and vegan formula
- The effect wears off quickly
- Numbs only certain areas
10. Best for bikini area: No Scream Cream
The No Scream Cream is ideally used as a numbing cream for bikini hair laser removal. Methyl Paraben, Triethanolamine, water, Stearyl Alcohol, and various other core ingredients deliver a cooling effect while repairing and numbing the skin.
It is ideally used on sensitive and delicate areas like the bikini line for its action and effect.
The numbing cream for laser hair removal absorbs into the skin in about 5-10 minutes of application. It stays put up to a considerable period. It should ideally be applied 30-45 minutes before waxing or laser hair removal for effective results.
- Can be used for sensitive areas
- Effectively numbs the skin and reduces inflammation and redness
- Absorbs fast within 5-10 minutes of application
- Lots of chemicals in the formula might not be suitable for all types of skin
Factors to Look for while Buying a Numbing Cream
There are certain things to keep in mind and learn before choosing an anesthetic cream for your laser hair removal:
It is wise to look for the ingredients which suit your skin. Reading through the ingredient list and researching the core materials in the cream, avoid using any product which may cause harm to your skin. Lidocaine is the most commonly used topical anesthetic in a numbing cream.
At the same time, some contain Benzocaine which is another similar anesthetic. 4-5% of these topical anesthetics are the ideal limit to be safe on the skin. Idocaine is better than the latter Benzocaine while being used externally.
- pH value
Numbing cream with a pH value of more than 7 is ideal to be used on the skin.
User’s review should be seen to know more about the application and the time taken by the product to be effective on the skin.
Thus, the above-mentioned points are important to be noticed to have healthy and rejuvenated skin.
Now that you have come to the end of the list of some of the best numbing creams for laser hair removal, we are sure you have a better idea about numbing creams.
Personally, Everyday Medical Numbing Cream, Greencaine Blast Topical Anaesthetic Gel, are the best numbing creams for laser hair removal.
Recommended Picks for You
Our recommended pick for you is Topicaine Topical Anaesthetic Gel which covers most criteria to be the best numbing cream for laser hair removal. The idocine percentage, natural blends, and their effects on the skin work better to give you a healthy and numb effect to resist the pain of laser hair removal.
Share this on Pinterest
- 10 Best Drugstore Setting Powder for Dry Skin
- 7 Best Sunscreen for Bald Head
- French Green Clay Mask: Everything you Need to Know
- 12 Best Charcoal Masks for a Deep Cleanse
- 10 Best Microblading Ink for a Perfect Brow