If you are looking to add a pop of color to your black hair without bleaching, then you have come to the right place. In this blog post, we will teach you how to put red highlights in black hair without bleaching or damaging your locks. We will also provide tips on how to keep your hair healthy and vibrant. So whether you are planning a big transformation or just want to add a little bit of color, read on for all the information you need!
How to Put Red Highlights in Black Hair without Bleaching?
If you want to add some red highlights to your black hair, you don’t necessarily have to bleach it first. There are a few methods you can use to add color without lightening your hair too much.
- Temporary Hair Dye: One way is to use a temporary hair dye. This type of dye will wash out over time, so it’s a good option if you want to change your look occasionally. Choose a shade of red that complements your complexion and hair type.
- Semi-Permanent Hair Color: Another option is to use semi-permanent hair color. This type of dye will last for several weeks or months, depending on how often you shampoo your hair. It’s a good choice if you want something that is more permanent than a temporary dye.
- Permanent Hair Color: If you want to go all-out with your red highlights, you can use permanent hair color. This type of dye will permanently change your hair color, so it’s best if you are sure that you want red highlights. Make sure to choose a shade of red that looks good with your skin tone and hair type.
No matter which method you choose, make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging carefully. Always do a patch test first to make sure the dye doesn’t cause any adverse reactions.
And be sure to use a deep conditioning treatment after coloring to keep your hair healthy and vibrant. With these tips, you can add red highlights without bleaching your black hair.
Steps to Follow How to Put Red Highlights in Black Hair
Here are the some simple steps to follow how to put red highlights in black hair without bleaching.
- To put red highlights in black hair without bleaching, you will need to mix a small amount of red hair dye with your regular black hair dye. Follow the instructions on the hair dye box to apply the mixture to your hair.
- Make sure to test the mixture on a small section of your hair first to make sure that it does not cause any damage or discoloration.
- You may also choose to use a temporary red hair color spray or paste to add highlights without the commitment of permanent dye. Experiment with different placement and colors until you achieve your desired look.
- Remember to keep your dyed hair well-maintained by using hydrating and color-safe products, and touch up your roots as needed.
With proper care, your red highlights will add dimension and vibrancy to your black hair.
Precautions to Follow Before Put Red Highlights in Black Hair
Before you put red highlights in black hair, it is important to take some precautions.
- First, you should bleach your hair if it is not already light blonde. This will help the red color to show up better.
- You should also use a good quality hair colorant, such as one that is ammonia-free. Ammonia can damage your hair, so using a colorant that does not contain it is a good idea.
- Finally, make sure you follow the instructions on the hair colorant carefully.
This will ensure that your highlights turn out the way you want them to. Happy coloring!
It is possible to put red highlights in black hair without bleaching. In order to achieve this, you will need to use a color depositing shampoo or conditioner specifically designed for adding highlights to dark hair. These products work by depositing temporary color onto the hair shaft, which will gradually wash out over time. Be sure to choose a shade of red that is complementary to your natural hair color; if you are unsure, ask a professional at your local salon for advice. Applying red highlights to black hair can be a fun way to change up your look without completely altering your natural color. If you are interested in trying this style, be sure to read our tips on how best to achieve it.
Pin this on Pinterest
- Can You Bleach Hair After Using Color Remover
- How to Put Red Highlights in Black Hair without Bleaching?
- 7 Pregnancy Safe Hair Dye Brands for the Health-Conscious Mom
- 7 DIY Hair Dye Mistakes You’re Making & How To Fix?
- How to Dye Dark Hair Purple Without Using Bleach?