Just got your eyelash extensions and wondering how can you put mascara on lash extensions? The answer is, yes, you can put mascara on your extensions, but only if you are ready to put in some effort.
Because applying mascara on extensions is not as easy as it sounds since you will need to take care of many things. Therefore, if you’re ready for some commitment and consistency in your makeup routine, then you can surely rock the mascara on extensions look.
Getting extensions is already a way of enhancing your eyelashes and making them look much more beautiful, thicker, and fuller. You’re likely to wonder why add mascara on top of it when you’ve already got expensive extensions?
The answer is that some women simply love enhancing their eyes through makeup, and if somebody feels confident with both mascara and extensions, then what’s the harm? Let the people know how can you put mascara on lash extensions instead of holding them back.
To find all of your preferred beauty products, check our carefully selected list of premium beauty products include the latest in skin care, fragrances, nails, hair products, makeup, and much more.
What happens if you put Mascara on Eyelash Extensions?
The reason why you should be careful with mascara on extensions is that since extensions are already expensive enough, if you don’t properly take care of them, they’ll start falling and wear out in no time.
So, are you all ready to find out how you can apply mascara to your lashes? Understand that extensions are quite high maintenance. If you are a beginner, you might get overwhelmed by all the set of rules and guidelines you should follow. But it’s not that hard. Just sit back and read more to find out.
How can you put Mascara on Lash Extensions?
For newbies, there are several mascara hacks and ideas that help them to understand how can you put mascara on lash extensions. Make sure that you use mascara with a water-based formula when applying mascara to your extensions.
The same is the case with eyeliner and any other eye makeup. An oil-based formula will not be good for your eyelashes as these will require oil-based makeup removers for them to be removed.
The oil will mess your extensions and break down the glue or adhesive that holds your extensions in place. This will only result in your eyelash extensions falling out faster than you expected.
Do you put Mascara on Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, as long as you make sure that the adhesive on your extensions is protected well with oil-free cosmetics, you can safely put mascara on your eyelash extensions.
Other than using oil-free products, here are some other tips that you can follow to ensure a smooth and seamless experience while you’ve got your lashes. So here’s how you can put mascara on eyelash extensions.
- Do not rub your eyelashes or pick on your lashes
- Make sure that you use oil-free products not just on your eyes but on your face as well.
- Avoid waterproof mascara because, in the end, these will be hard to remove and may require oil-based removes or even normal coconut oil to get rid of.
- When using mascara, make sure that you go for extension-friendly mascara, which is water-resistant but easily comes off when you want to remove them.
- When choosing a mascara, go for hypoallergenic and do not contain chemicals like parabens and glycol, which are quite common in eye makeup cosmetics these days. These are not gentle on your eyes or skin and can cause irritations with your lashes, making them uncomfortable for you to wear.
- Use a mascara that is neither too thick nor too dry. They will not only feel heavy but can cause a clumpy look on your face.
- Tube mascara should be completely avoided on eyelash extensions. It will stick very hard to your lashes and will be super difficult to remove. On the other hand, tube mascara works great with false eyelashes. You can simply remove them with water, minus the sticky part.
- Say a big no to fiber mascaras. A fiber mascara’s sole purpose is to enhance your natural lashes by placing small lash fibers blended along with your natural lashes. With extensions, there is absolutely a need for fiber mascaras.
- Use gentle eye-makeup and eye-makeup remover if you want your eyelashes to last long. It’s not just the mascara you need to be careful about; your whole eye-makeup routine may need to be changed.
- Use a clean spoolie brush to remove your mascara and be as gentle as possible.
Can you put Mascara on Individual Lashes?
It’s never a good idea to apply mascara to individual lashes. Instead, you can first apply mascara to your natural lashes and then place the fake individual lashes. This will give a fuller and thicker look to your lashes and blends both the fake lashes and natural lashes effortlessly well.
Can you put Mascara on Mink Eyelashes?
Mink eyelashes look extremely beautiful that you can’t resist not getting them. However, many people shy away from buying mink lashes due to the cruelty towards animals being involved in this.
But there are synthetic mink lashes available in the market. If you use them, understand that as long as you are gentle and careful and follow the right procedure on applying, you can use them on mink eyelashes.
If you’re wondering whether you can put mascara on Russian lashes, the answer is again yes. But since Russian lashes are basically eyelash extensions, you need to follow all the guidelines mentioned above.
In conclusion, the answer to the question “Can you put mascara on lash extensions” is yes, you can. While some people recommend that you should totally avoid mascara with extensions, the truth is, as long as you’re careful enough, you can put mascara on eyelash extensions always.
Share this on Pinterest:
- 10 Best Lash Extension Glue, According to Experts
- How To Make Eyelash Extension Glue Last Longer?
- 9 Best Concealer for Eyebrows, According to Cosmetic Chemist!
- Can You Put Mascara On Fake Eyelashes?
- Can You Put Mascara On Lash Extensions?